Effective Date: 25 May 2018
Prospress Inc. (collectively, “Prospress,” “we,” “us,” “our” and similar expressions) is a technology company providing integrated eCommerce solutions.
By accessing our websites located at a domain or subdomain owned by us, including the websites www.prospress.com, www.robotninja.com and www.smallwoorld.com (collectively, the “Website”), using our products or services, or otherwise providing us with personal information, you signify and confirm that you have read and accept the terms of this Privacy Statement and expressly consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement (the “Statement”).
If you do not feel comfortable with any aspect of this Statement or do not agree to the terms of this Statement, you must immediately leave the Website and discontinue your use of our products and services. In order to fully understand your rights, we encourage you to read this Statement and to consult our Terms of Service.
Our Privacy Commitment
Your privacy is important to us. Your personal information will be collected, used, stored and disclosed by Prospress in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
If you have any queries relating to our Privacy Statement or the manner in which we handle your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details at the end of this document.
The Short Version
- We collect information so that we can carry out our business activities in a professional and efficient manner, and improve our Services.
- We host our website, application and test servers in the United States of America with Amazon Web Services.
- We will retain your information for as long as permitted, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- We take all reasonable steps to keep the personal information we hold about you secure and free from loss, misuse or interference.
- You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you.
- You can also request that we update and/or erase any personal data we hold about you.
- In carrying out our business, we may disclose your personal information to other services/organisations. Of note, this includes Google, Intercom, Mailchimp, Helpscout, Stripe, Slack, and Automattic.
- Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Sections Within This Policy
- Information We Collect
- Why We Collect Your Information
- Where Your Data Is Stored
- How Long We Retain Your Information
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Access To Your Personal Information
- Updating Your Personal Information
- Who We Share Your Information With
- Website Usage, Tracking Information and Cookies
- Do-Not-Track Signal
- Profile Pictures/Avatars
- Purchases and Payments
- Embedded Content From Other Websites
- Anonymity and Pseudonymity
- Third-Party Links
- Children’s Privacy
- What Data Breach Procedures We Have In Place
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- Queries, Concerns and Complaints
Information We Collect
We collect information so that we can carry out our business activities in a professional and efficient manner, and improve our Services.
Information you provide to us when accessing or using our Services
We collect information you provide to us, including, but not limited to:
- Registration information. By registering with our Services, you authorize us to collect any information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Services. We collect information about you that may include (but is not limited to) your first and last name, email address, website address, company name, and contact and address details.
- Order information. If you purchase products or services from us, our payment gateway provider may also require your credit card details and billing information to process your transaction. These credit card details are not stored in any form by us or on any internal or external databases that are accessible to us.
- Third party information. We may receive information about you from third parties that you have authorized to share or that is publicly available. For example, if you link your social media account with our Services (or other Third Party services), we may receive information about you from your social media account. Third parties that provide information to us include include Google (Google Analytics), Mailchimp, Intercom and Help Scout.
- Communications with us. When you communicate with us in any way (e.g., telephone, email, SMS, etc.), we will collect your contact information and any other information you may choose to provide to us.
Information about your use of our Services.
We also collect information about you passively when you use or access our Services. We collect information which may include, but is not limited to:
- Cookies and similar tracking technologies. We use both first-party and third-party cookies, and similar tracking technologies on our Services. A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your device and collects information, such as your IP address or information about your use of or your activities on our Services. Further information about this is detailed below in the section titled ‘Website Usage, Tracking Information and Cookies’.
- Third-party plugin. In some cases, we may have integrated a third-party plugin / application into our Services and the use of such third-party plugins results in data collection by both Prospress and the relevant third party. Please refer to the third party’s privacy statement to understand their data handling practices as we do not control the information you may share with them.
- Mobile data. You may access or use our Services via a mobile device or application. We may collect information about you and your device, such as your IP address, location or device information, and any other information provided by your device. If you do not want us to collect your location information you can disable the GPS or location-tracking function of your device.
- Log data. We collect log data about your use of our Services, which may include your IP address, data, and time of your access or use of our Services, page views, the referring URLs, and any other information about your activities on our Services.
- Accessing and using our Services in any other way. When you use or access our Services, we may collect information such as search terms, interactions with other users, and any other activities on our Services.
Why We Collect Your Information
We collect personal information so that we can carry out our business activities in a professional and efficient manner, and improve our services. We also collect your personal information for the purposes stated below:
- set-up and configure customer accounts;
- fulfil your requests and orders for products and services;
- identify our customers, potential customers and people acting on their behalf;
- improve our service offerings;
- record and maintain user details and profile information;
- provide information on services available to subscribers;
- provide client and user support;
- deliver marketing materials to you regarding new services and offers we believe may be of interest to you;
- collect fees and payments owing to us;
- comply with legal obligations;
- resolve disputes;
- enforce agreements with third parties;
- detect, prevent, and investigate potential or actual fraud or other harmful activity to you, us, or any third parties;
- respond to your enquiries and concerns and resolve disputes;
- advertise our Services or the services and products of third parties;
- contact you regarding your use of our Services; and
- compare information provided by you for accuracy and verify it with third parties,
and any secondary purposes related to the above.
Where Your Data Is Stored
As a global organization, we may store, use, transfer, and otherwise process your personal information in countries outside of the country of your residence, including the United States, United Kingdom and Australia.
By using our Services, you consent to Prospress’ transfer to and handling of your personal information in a jurisdiction which may have different (and less stringent) data protection rules than the country in which you reside.
Robot Ninja servers that host our website, application and test servers are hosted by Amazon Web Services and located within the United States of America.
Third party services that we use to carry out our business have their own hosting. Please refer "Who We Share Your Information With" for a list of third party services we use and refer to their privacy statements to understand their data handling practices.
How Long We Retain Your Information
We will retain your information for as long as permitted, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
When we dispose of personal information, we ensure that it is destroyed or de-identified in a secure fashion according to industry standards and as required by law.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to keep the personal information we hold about you secure and free from loss, misuse or interference.
Personal information we collect and store is stored on secure servers, and is only accessible by those persons who need access to the information in order to carry out their business functions.
We have a small team, only those with a business need to access that information can do so.
We also maintain physical security measures to protect the use and storage of physical records containing personal information.
However, you acknowledge that no method of transmission or electronic storage is completely secure, and Prospress cannot control the security of data collected, stored, and disclosed on third party platforms. You transfer and store your information at your own risk.
You are also responsible for the security of your personal information by taking precautionary measures, such as keeping your account password confidential and using secure wireless connections.
If your information is disclosed to third party service providers, we will enter into arrangements which require them to maintain the security of your information.
We are a small team and take security seriously. We have Certified Information System Security Professionals (CISSPs) as part of our core team.
Access To Your Personal Information
For users that register on our site, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us by contacting us using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Statement.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
However, privacy and data legislation in your jurisdiction may set out certain circumstances where we may deny, or only partially comply with such a request. These circumstances may include, for example, where:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life, safety or health of any individual or to public health or public safety;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- denying access is required or authorised by a law or a court or tribunal order;
- access would be unlawful; or
- access may prejudice commercial negotiations, legal proceedings, enforcement activities or appropriate action being taken in respect of a suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
We will respond to your request to provide access to your personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made, and you agree we may charge you our reasonable costs incurred in supplying you with access to this information as permitted by the jurisdiction you reside in.
Updating Your Personal Information
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that:
- the personal information we collect and store, is accurate, up to date and complete; and
- the personal information we use and disclose is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant.
If you believe that information we hold about you may not be up to date, complete and accurate, you may notify us by contacting us using the contact details below.
You accept that we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity if you contact us with such a request.
Who We Share Your Information With
In carrying out our business, we may disclose your personal information to others, including, but not limited to:
- related entities of Prospress;
- service providers contracted by Prospress, including information technology service providers, printers and distributors of marketing material, creditors, bankers, financiers, credit providers, mortgage insurers or trade insurers, and external business advisers (such as auditors and lawyers);
- third parties authorized by you;
- third parties as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to protect the safety of you, others, or us, to investigate, or to respond to a government or law enforcement request;
- third parties involved in a business transaction with us, such as in the case of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, as permitted by applicable law;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- protect the rights, property, and safety of Prospress, you, and others;
- enforce our policies and agreements;
- members of Prospress’ user groups. For example, discussion groups where you have opted-in to that user group, or where you take part in any interactive areas of the Websites or your account; and
- any third-party plugins. Your interactions with third-party plugins will be governed by the Privacy Statement of the company providing the third-party plugin.
Like most online businesses, as part of carrying out our own business we rely on services offered by other organisations and may disclose your personal information to them. Services that we use:
- Amazon Web Services (Hosting)
- Stripe (Payment Processing)
- Google G Suite (Email / Google Apps)
- Google Analytics (Analytics)
- Help Scout (Email Support)
- Intercom (Customer Messaging)
- Mailchimp (Email Marketing)
- Sentry.io (Logging/Error Tracking)
- Pusher (Application Messaging/APIs)
- Slack (Communication)
- Aha (Product Management)
Website Usage, Tracking Information and Cookies
We collect limited information about people who use our Services so that we can track the use of those resources, maintain and improve our Services, and understand how our users navigate through and use our Services. We do not use these technologies for tracking of any information about your use of other websites or services or for profiling.
Information collected as part of tracking may include:
- server and/or internet protocol (IP) addresses;
- top level domain names;
- the date, time and duration of your visit;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- referring and exit pages;
- whether you are a returning visitor;
- the type of browser used,
- the hardware type and operating system of the device used,
(collectively, “Usage Information”).
We use third party services (Google Analytics) to track Usage Information in relation to our products and services and for reporting. We use the `anonymizeIp` feature offered by Google Analytics to anonymize our User IP Addresses.
You may decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our Websites, products and services. You can refer to the ‘help’ section of your browser or installed applications for instructions on blocking, disabling or deleting cookies.
Google provides further information about its own privacy practices and offers a browser add-on to opt out of Google Analytics tracking.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information. Login cookies are set to last for One day. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Cookies We Use
Below is a list of some of the cookies we use to assist with carrying out our business activities.
||Store cookie consent acknowledgement.|
||Store customer cart information to help determine when it has changed.|
||tore customer cart information to help determine when it has changed.|
||Used to check if the user's browser supports cookies.|
||Used to check if the user's browser supports cookies.|
||Cache store status check version data.|
||Store dismiss status of test card notice.|
||Used to store comment author.|
||Used to store comment auther email.|
||Used to store comment auther url.|
||Used to distinguish users.|
||Used to throttle request rate.|
||Used to distinguish users.|
||Cookies used by intercom.|
When we use your personal information to send you marketing and promotional information, you will be provided with an opportunity to consent to receiving such information.
We use Mailchimp for email marketing.
We use Intercom for automated account / service communication.
Registered users can configure their communication preferences from the Communication Preferences page within the Service My Account area.
Email list subscribers and registered users can also unsubscribe from our emails by using the unsubscribe links contained in the footer of emails received from us.
Similarly subscribers can unsubscribe their email address/es from our Mailchimp list using the form located here: https://robotninja.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=ea6c514b753425a7a2e00dde6&id=9f794ef189
You may disable cookies through your browser settings, but at this time we do not honor “Do-Not-Track” signals.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We use gravatar for profile pictures associated with comments and user accounts.
Purchases and Payments
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and credit card/payment details.
We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
We accept payments using Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We store your name, address, email and phone number (Billing Information) and use it to populate the checkout for future orders and for the purposes of processing recurring subscription payments.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
If you are making a general enquiry only, you may deal with us on an anonymous basis or through the use of a pseudonym. However, we will not be able to provide you with any specific information about your account if you fail to identify yourself to us.
Our Website, products, and services may include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you provide your personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies.
We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 16 years old, or equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction. Children under 16 should not provide personal information to us on our Website or services. Please notify us if you know of any children using our Website or services so we can take action to prevent access to our Website and services and delete their information.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have In Place
We have a Security Incident Response Process outlining processes for:
- Post Incident Response
Details about this process can be provided upon request.
Security reports should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we change the Privacy Statement in any material way, we will post a notice on our Website or services along with the updated Statement prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Queries, Concerns and Complaints
If you have any queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected, stored, used or disclosed your personal information, please contact the Prospress Privacy Officer (also referred to as our Data Protection Officer) using the details below:
156 2nd St
San Francisco, CA 94105-3724
We will treat your complaint confidentially and, after investigating your complaint, discuss the ways in which we can remedy the situation. We will ensure that we respond to your complaint within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by privacy and data protection legislation in your jurisdiction).